|
29 October 2009
Honestly I am very stressed up now because of the project I have to complete for my elective. I need to merge art and photography as a whole in order to produce an artwork for the project. My presentation is in fact later today (Thursday) but I have yet decided on what to do and what topic to choose! Thank goodness the lecturer cancelled the lesson in the last minute, giving me one week more to prepare and complete my project. HOW!??!
* * * I don't like it when people hears that I travel quite a bit and deduce that I'm VERY rich, or because I didn't apply for a scholarship for my GIP programme means my family is VERY rich. First of all, I could afford the Europe trip because I WORKED VERY HARD for it! There are times when I worked 9hrs a day, 16 days non-stop! And I don't waste money on luxury goods because like I said in one of the previous posts, I am NOT a big fan of materialism. Most of the times I would be going out with nothing costing more than SGD$20 per piece from head to toe, including my bag and shoes. I save my money to travel, not to waste them on buying pretty bags or designer clothes. It's the way I live. The fact that I didn't apply for the scholarship is because I don't need it. However, this doesn't mean my family is VERY rich. You mean the society can only be divided into 2 extreme categories -- the VERY rich and the VERY poor? What about those who are neither rich nor poor? Why do I have to fight with the not so well off students for the money when I actually can afford the cost? I have friends who told me that they would have to pull out from the programme should they fail to receive the scholarship to pay for the cost. So how could I be competing with these not so lucky people? Being greedy is not the way to go. * * * OMG I'm dropping lots of hair again! And mama will be flying on Saturday for 2 whole months.. |
Name: Norah
Age: 27 this year (2014)
Born in China, grew up in Singapore, residing in China currently. Love travelling, photography and dark chocolates.
|