12 October 2009

Alright as promised, here are the photos I took during Andrew's visit in Singapore from 21st-24th September.

Day 1
I brought him out for dinner after checking into his hostel. Afterwards I had to go for the IL DIVO concert and hence had to leave him to explore Bugis and Little India himself.

Day 2
We covered the entire town area on foot in the morning, covering Bugis, Arab Street, Marina Bay, Cityhall, Raffles Place, Boat Quay. He finally got to see the Merlion -- the main reason he came to Singapore for!!

When I have to absent myself (again) for an important brief on my GIP programme in school, he followed me to Boon Lay and paid a visit to the Jurong Bird Park instead.

At night, it was very sweet of my Bestie to join us for dinner at some Indian restaurant at China Town. We brought him around China Town and Clarke Quay after dinner.

Day 3
Andrew and I went to Sentosa on this day. We had lots of fun at places like the Butterfly Garden (as you will see later), Underwater World, the beach, etc.

At night we headed down to the Night Safari for an evening with the animals. After that we met up with my Bestie for supper at Newton Foodcentre to try out the local delights. We intended to go Chomp Chomp at first but most of the stores were already closed by the time we reached there. Oh wells.

Day 4
Initially I wanted to show him the famous Orchard Road but couldn't make it in the end as I had to go school to meet my project mates to discuss our presentation, which is just the following day. I'm so sorry for being unable to see you off at the airport, Andrew! =X

Hope you enjoyed you stay here in Singapore. I will visit you in US someday, definitely. Haha.

Photos:

Town Area

Saw these pretty lanterns in Esplanade since it was almost Mooncake Festival.
The pretty shadows =))
The Ang Moh and I.
A shot in front of the Merlion. I failed to capture the Merlion though. LoL.
Our wonderful dinner at the Indian Restaurant in China Town.

Sentosa!

The biggest Merlion in Singapore!
The colourful butterflies in the Butterfly Garden! I love these colourful creatures!
Cute dude.
My favourite shot.
The garden have these pieces of oranges all around to attract the butterflies to feed on them while we visitors can at the same time appreciate their beauty.
The wonderful creepy crawlies.
The stick insect and a lizard.
Scorpions and millipedes, plus banded lizards and a pair of parrots! They were making out by the way!
Butterflies that have shimmering wings. Omg. Wonders of nature!
What's more, butterflies with transparent wings!! Can you believe it!?
Me and the friendly millipede.
The stick insect and another I-dunno-what-it's-called fellow.
The harmless scorpion and I! The garden keeper told us that most of the wild scorpions are pretty harmless!! You can kiss them, tickle them, have fun with them and they will NOT sting you like what you see in those documentaries in Animal Planet!Me kissing the scorpion!
Andrew's turn. Seems that the scorpions loves me more huh. Haha.
My 'new' millipede bangle!Our 4D Animax show. Don't try it, it's a waste of money. Sigh.
Walking towards the beach. Aww.. Andrew seemed to be camera shyyy.. HAHAHA.
Snacks.
This is my first time sitting down at the beach and just relax and do nothing.
My pretty (and cheap) bangles! I can't live without them, it makes my feel insecure if I go out without them.
Slacking, really.
The funky ang moh performing his tricks.
It's time for the Underwater World!
OOPs. This is unsuitable for those who are below 18! =D
Pretty jellyfish!! They don't actually glow by the way, although there are species that glow. The colours come from the lights at the side of the tank.
Close up shot.
Pink ones!!
Omg look at where Andrew is pinching! Unsuitable for the young! Alamak. I didn't realise where his hand was until when I edited the photo.
Hida was gazing at the sky at 04:07.