|
28 September 2009
I've yet to recover from the fever after 3 days. After doing some research today, I highly suspect that I've got dengue fever.
From Wikipedia: "The disease manifests as a sudden onset of severe headache, muscle and joint pains (myalgias and arthralgias—severe pain that gives it the nick-name break-bone fever or bonecrusher disease), fever, and rash.[7] The dengue rash is characteristically bright red petechiae and usually appears first on the lower limbs and the chest; in some patients, it spreads to cover most of the body. There may also be gastritis with some combination of associated abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea." "Fever, bladder problem, constant headaches, eye pain, severe dizziness and loss of appetite." Well, I'm suffering from fever, constant headaches (though not that severe), rashes on my lower limbs, eye pain, some sort of dizziness, a tiny bit of loss of appetite (though I very much feel like munching on potato chips). A point to note is that although I'm having fever, it's not a high fever of >39 degree Celsius, which is a common sign in dengue fever patients. However, what's lacking is the most prominent sign -- muscle and joint pains. So is it dengue fever? What do you think? Oh yes, I did get about 2 mosquito bites at the Night Safari on Wednesday. It took 3 days for the fever to hit me, which tallies with the fact that the syndrome only starts showing up 3-14 days after being stung by the mosquito carrying the dengue virus. Anyway I'm not going to see the doctor as there is no point in doing so -- there is no cure to dengue anyway! I'll be just wasting my money on the administration fees. Right now my fever is accompanied by a terrible flu. My nose is running a marathon!! I hope I can recover in time for the mooncake festival on Sunday. My dearest cousin is coming back that day and I'm missing him so much! |
Name: Norah
Age: 27 this year (2014)
Born in China, grew up in Singapore, residing in China currently. Love travelling, photography and dark chocolates.
|