24 October 2009

Have you heard of a Dreamcatcher before?



From Analyse Dreams:

In the Ojibwa language, the dream catchers were called asabikeshiinh, the inanimate form for the word 'spider'.

Traditionally, parents would create the dream catcher for their young children. Hung above the bed, the Ojibwa believed the dream catcher would protect the children from nightmares. The dream catchers would watch over the children until they reached adulthood, as the willow and deer sinew would eventually dry out and give way.

The Ojibwa believed that only good dreams would filter through the dream catcher, sliding down the feathers to the sleeping person while the bad dreams are caught in the web, eventually disappearing.


I'm not sure if you would ever believe in such things but I have done some research and there are quite a number of people claiming that Dreamcatchers do work for them.

And let me tell you this -- it worked for me. I bought mine last year in Italy and have hanged it up above my bed ever since then. Everything was peaceful and all until August this year.

What happened was that before I returned home from China, my mum actually did a mini spring cleaning for my room. She rearranged the shelf above my bed and the place where I could hang my dreamcatcher was gone. Being lazy and all, I didn't bother to hang it back after I came back. And apparently ever since then I started dreaming about something which I really didn't wish to dream about, almost weekly. So I restored it back about 3 weeks ago and believe it or not, all the nightmares stopped! Actually I can hardly even remember any dreams at all by the time I wake up everyday.

In fact, people have been saying that Dreamcatchers work better when it's made by oneself or by a close friend of his/her. So, lucky you my shitty shit friend! You better cherish the Dreamcatcher I made specially for you earlier this year!! May it capture all the bad dreams and and leave behind only the good ones for you =)
Hida was gazing at the sky at 01:56.