|
21 January 2010
It's already my second week in Beijing and I've more or less settled down. I guess it's time for me to describe my life here. The moment I stepped into Beijing Capital Airport I felt very much at home. I miss the cold air and the white snow. I adjusted to the sudden change in weather immediately, unlike the rest of my fellow GIP friends. Upon attending a briefing at the GIP Beijing office, we were driven to our respective apartments. We were split into two groups -- 1. Accommodation provided by company, 2. No accommodation provided. 15 of us belong to group 2 and we all were being placed around the same area. 5 of them are in fact staying upstairs while another 4 girls are staying somewhere nearby. Our landlord opened the door to welcome us when we arrived. There I saw Joseph kor kor, who came out of his room and give me a big, heartwarming hug. In the next few days we took our time to explore our neighbourhood, focusing on nice eateries mainly. Due to the dry climate and the fact that we had been eating mutton everyday, all of us were having sore throat as it was too heaty. Therefore, our grocery shoppings always included 王老吉, a kind of Liang Teh. When work started on 11th Jan, my life sort of changed totally. My day starts at 6am everyday. It used to end at 1-2am during the first week but when it comes to the second, my knock out time has shifted to 11-1130pm. Never have I slept so early for a long time. I didn't have a choice because I'm afraid of dozing off too often at work. And I forgot to mention, the peak hours here are crazy. Everyday we'll be packed like sardines on the bus on my way to and from work. Life during weekdays is simple --> wake up at 6am --> get onto the bus by 7.15am --> start working at 8.30am --> go for lunch at 12noon --> knock off at 5.15pm --> get onto the bus by 5.45pm --> find a place for dinner --> reach home at round 7.30-8pm --> take a shower before 10pm --> read news from internet + MSN a bit --> sleep by 1130pm. Somehow my housemates aren't really into fruits. I'm so deprived of fruits!! I want my green apples! I want my pears! I want my watermelons! I used to eat 3 apples a day at least and now I'm down to 0 apples in 2 weeks! I cannot take it already! SAD!!! And I think I'm going to start cooking soon. I miss cooking for myself! It's a joy to be cooking for someone, even if it's for myself. Some photos taken in Beijing will be up in the next post. * * * I really feel kind of lucky after seeing how my housemates are missing their girlfriends/暧昧对象. I feel lucky because I have no one to miss, I don't have to struggle in between a LDR, I don't have to sit in front of my laptop waiting for someone to come online, everyday. I don't have to crack my head thinking of a present to give to anyone, and I don't have to spend money on stamps and evenlopes to post parcels or letters. I'm scared of commitment. Perhaps having a part-time boyfriend is not that bad an idea afterall. Do you think you can accept the idea of a part-time boyfriend/girlfriend? * * * ![]() A gift from my Weiren kor kor on my departure -- a drawing of me and him! Nice right!?! (Although I hope my figure is as good as the drawing. LOL.) ![]() A card from my beloved EID friends!! =D |
Name: Norah
Age: 27 this year (2014)
Born in China, grew up in Singapore, residing in China currently. Love travelling, photography and dark chocolates.
|