22 March 2007

Got to know this Secondary two boy recently. His brother studies at my branch. The first time I saw him was when he came with his mum to fetch his younger brother. The second time I saw him was when I was buying my lunch. Well, his father is actually the owner of the stall and the boy served me. I was quite touched by what I saw. The boy sacrificed his time to help out his father at the stall.

I asked him,"So have you been studying hard and doing your homework?"
He: "Normal Tech still need to do homework meh?"
Me: "Why Normal Tech people don't need to do their homework?"
He: "..."
Me: "Why look down at yourself? There's always hope you know."
He: "..."

I would see him helping out at the stall whenever I go there to buy lunch. I saw him again today. He told me he was suspended from school for being involved in some fights. But I know he's a nice boy deep down inside. I can see it from his eyes. The way he looked at me each time.. Those innocent and souless eyes.. It hurts me. Really, it does. I don't know what else I can do to help him other than telling him to come and look for me if he was to encounter any problem in school work. I hope he won't give up. I really do..

There are many helpless souls in this world. I am so blessed to have a relatively good living environment. I am contented with what I have. Meanwhile, I think it's really time to do some reflections.
Hida was gazing at the sky at 23:31.