22 November 2011

I was super hungry at about 4-5pm today at work and all I could think of was having a big bowl of  炸酱面, or in Korean, 짜장면 (yes, I am trying to learn Korean now).

 But in Chennai, though the 4th largest city in India, there's no way you can find any authentic Chinese restaurants here. Many of the restaurants here claim to sell Chinese foods but I can tell you, it's all bullshit. So far for all the places my colleagues and I have tried, none of them tasted like real Chinese dishes. I call them Chinese-lised Indian foods. The key point here, as you can tell, is that they 'Indian Foods' -- just modified Indian dishes so that they taste and look differently from the Indian foods here. LOL seriously not Chinese at all, not even close. There is, however, a very expensive but authentic Korean restaurant here.

Sorry, I'm going to far, oops. 

Anyway, since I have half a packet of wheat flour, 1 carrot and 1 white radish, I decided to try making this wonderful dish myself. And yes, for the first time. 

The outcome is, well, I think it tasted quite alright for me. I mean, it's nothing as compared to those you get from Korean/Chinese restaurants but definitely it tasted homely. Serious!

Don't believe? Take a look at the photos then!

Carrot, white radish, coriander, cucumber, spring onion and broad bean paste (stir fried with scrambled egg).

You mix it and there you go!
Uhm, regarding the shape of the 'noodles', well I don't have a noodle-roller, neither do I even have a wooden dough roller here in my hotel so I had to use 刀削面 to substitute the usual type of (long and thin) noodles used.

Oh, and I made this dish on Sunday. So far it is one of my best dishes. It's 红烧鸡肉. Or sweet and spicy chicken. It looks yummy right?? ^^
Hida was gazing at the sky at 23:33.