|
16 November 2011
The phase 3 of my training in India has officially started yesterday. More sizing and tests will be coming my way >.<
Oh, did I say I screwed up my test on Monday? Sort of failed it by 1 mark and hence that made me the lowest scorer in class.. Saddened to the max! Haiz. If only my brain functioned better that time.. If only I remembered the right things.. If only.. zzzz.
* * *
Enough of work, let's talk about something else.
I'll be going New Delhi for a tour next weekend. Air tickets and hotel have been already settled, not for the transport though. We were going there largely because of the very famous must-see in India -- Taj Mahal, at Agra, 4-5hrs drive from New Delhi. This caused some problems for us because we really hope to find a cheap taxi package for this but so far we are still in the progress of researching. Taxi is the most recommended mode of transport by our colleagues here as it's safer and more flexible relative to others, despite the high price.
Actually the only thing that has been bugging me is the people I'm going with. 2 are my colleagues from Sg office, and another from the Japan office, who is in India going through the same training programme as us. The 2 boys, though both are stationed at the Sg office, are actually Indonesians who only came over to Sg to pursue their university studies. I guess that this is the reason that made all the different. I mean, they are friendly and nice, but due to our backgrounds, there's somehow this gap between us, a communication barrier. Initially I tried to make this gap closer but I'd already given up. Well, habits are hard to change and so are mentality and behaviours. I just hope that everything will go smoothly during the trip.
All the 3 of them, including the Jap guy, are rather introverted and I am more of extroverted. I'm still trying to learn how to adapt to this new social circle, though not really successful. Sometimes it's really sad that you have the people to talk to, but somehow you just cannot do so.
Maybe the problem lies with me. I used to be really friendly and out-going, as commented by my teachers back in school and also my peers. However, as I grew older, the more experiences I gain in life, the more I know what I like and dislike. As more and more preferences arise, I tend to be more picky now, and get pissed off easily with things that I don't like about. This sometimes upsets the people around me. I even hurt some of those who matter to me because of this attitude.
I really hope to change. And yes, I'm trying. I don't like to see myself throwing tempers all the time. That makes me ugly, both inside and outside. I wish I could smile more often, as much as what I used to be back in high school. I must bring the cheery side of me back soon. Best for me, best for everyone around me too.
![]()
A photo of me with a weird expression. Hahaha.
|
Name: Norah
Age: 27 this year (2014)
Born in China, grew up in Singapore, residing in China currently. Love travelling, photography and dark chocolates.
|