|
27 July 2009
![]() Oh yah, I forgot to add this photo in the previous entry. This is the 韩式炒年糕, or Korean Sweet and Spicy Rice Cake. It's of course cooked by me. Actually I tried to cook it with black pepper sauce also and my family seems to prefer that version more. I blame it on the sauce I bought, for I don't think it's real Korean sweet and spicy sauce made in Korea. I will try again when I can find a better sauce from some Korean supermarkets. My stay in China this time kind of made me realise how ignorant I have been all these while. There are just so many recipes that my mama knows and I don't. You know, those simple, traditional homemade things. I really, really need to learn and improve my culinary skills from my mama. I'm already trying to doing something myself. My achievements, or first trials rather, in these few weeks are: 1. 小碴粥 (hmm it's a kind of corn porridge) 2. Lemon barley water 3. Sweet and sour garlic (a kind of pickle) I know these things are very simple to make, but it still takes a lot of effort in order to get good results. |
Name: Norah
Age: 27 this year (2014)
Born in China, grew up in Singapore, residing in China currently. Love travelling, photography and dark chocolates.
|