19 July 2005

This entry is dedicated to my parents.

To mum,
You are the best mum in the world. I want to shout out to you that I LOVE YOU. Your daughter is one big loser who can never express her love for you verbally. Who other than you will get out of bed at night and cook for me when I wanted to eat something so desperately, wash my dirty and smelly clothes, make me coffee when I'm studying, giving me the sweetest fruits while keeping the partially rotten ones to yourself...and the list goes on.. Although I make you angry frequently.. I still got to let you know that I love you, I truely do.

To Dad,
You are the best actor in the world. You always seem so strict, so unreasonable. However, you are the one who cares about me the most, other than mum. Thanks for giving me the best environment you can provide for me to live in. Thanks for waking up so early in the morning to cook for me on the day of my competition. Thanks for all the gifts you bought me whenever you go overseas. Thanks for putting in so much effort in getting my phone repaired in China. Thanks for spending so much money, time and effort in buying my tulip bulbs and fresh tulips from Holland. I love you, dad. No ones else will do so much for me.

***
Mr Tay's lesson is indeed meaningful. He said that we must treasure every single person around us. For when you are on your death bed, what you will want to see are not all your trophies, certificates, testimonial.. but they are the people you know. Your parents, your classmates, your friends.

I imagined myself on the death bed. I pictured all my friends and relatives standing around the bed. And I started crying. What Mr Tay said was really true.

This is a quote from him:
'People are the most important in life because they are the only ones that will last for enternity. All others will eventually wither away and decay.
But how much of our lives did we actually invest in people?'

Treasure all those who care for and love you. You are blessed. Do not take it for granted.
Hida was gazing at the sky at 23:39.